by;brightwebtv/nana asare barimah
It has emerged that though one of the kidnapped Takoradi girls, Ruth Love Quayson, managed to secretly call her mother with her phone on the day of her kidnap to inform her about her predicament, the police, when informed, failed to act immediately.
“Mum please save me, save me where they have put me I don’t know anybody here, some people have kidnapped me,” terrified Ms Quayson told her mother.
According to spokesperson for the families of the missing Takoradi girls, Michael Hayford Acquah, his cousin, when the distressed call came, quickly rushed to the Market Circle Police Station in Takoradi to make a formal complaint.
He told KSM in an interview that the complainant was referred to the Takoradi Central Police Station where the family was informed to make any other further information available to the police for prompt action.
But, as fate would have it, despite all the details the family gave to the police, such as the kidnappers now controlling the phone of the kidnapped girl and a ransom being demanded, the police failed to rescue the girl though later, a suspect was arrested.
- Three girls were kidnapped in 2018.
- Two lived at Diabene and one at Kansaworodo, both suburbs of Takoradi.
- First to be kidnapped was Priscilla Blessing Bentum, 21, on August 17, 2018 at Kansaworodo.
- Second to be kidnapped was Ms Quayson, 18, December 4, 2018 at Butumagyebu Junction.
- Third to be kidnapped: Priscilla Mantebea Koranchie, 18, December 21, 2018 at Nkroful.